Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Beginner Stories! Joanne from Port Hope.



T'was the night before skiing, my first time to try,
I was so scared about it, I wanted to cry.
My boyfriend, he promised, he would teach me right,
But, I paced and I tossed - all through the night.
We started off early on the bunny hill we rose,
I stood mountains above them, from my head to my toes.
The children, they flew by me without a care,
I went down slowly, fearful and scared.
While I worked on pizza stops and fries on the side,
My boyfriend arose to the standard for a great thrilling ride.
After several hours, he took me up the hill on the chair,
But my ski got stuck, and threw me into the air.
I couldn’t stop screaming at him, thinking he threw me out,
But, it was really my ski tips that stuck, no doubt.
I became more secure and dared to ride down,
and at the bottom of the hill, the ski shop, I found.
My goal to look like a pro was now within reach,
with new skis, poles and gloves, I had mastered the feat.
Now this year, I am back with a smile on my face,
Because skiing at Brimacombe is such a great place.


________________________________________________________

Want to Discover the Slopes?

For only $48, you can learn to ski or snowboard with a Beginner Discover Package that includes a four-hour equipment rental and beginner lift ticket, plus a one-hour beginner lesson – everything you need to get you started on the slopes! Learn more [here].